Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Compromise

I've been thinking about the internet thing and I've decided to hold off a few months. In about four or five, I should be out of here. And who knows what could happen between now and then. I also didn't realize that living with my mom was that big of a deal. I know it's weird, but I didn't know it was that weird. It's free rent, people. We don't even talk when we see each other usually.

Ok. Enough of that. Today was kind of awesome. I found out the temp girl that works at the office is a vegetarian. Being the fat lover of all things beef/pork/fish/poultry, I decided to give her a hard time about it. I've never really understood vegetarians. She got all offensive when I asked her why she chose to be a vegetarian. She gave me this bullshit, "I don't eat anything that walks, swims or flies," speech. I said, "Wow...that really rules out ducks then, huh?" She wasn't amused. Then she followed that up with something about how animals have a soul and she can't eat anything with a soul...except boneless, skinless chicken breasts. That's when I decided she was dumb. Hypocrites are neat.

I'm having problems typing on my PC now. I use an ass-backwards Mac at work all day. Macs are ridiculous. It's like having a standard and automatic car only the standard has a bunch of extra steps to do everything and you have to drag your gas tank to the trash to open it.

Thanks for everybody's comments on the internet post. PN, welcome back. I've known some people who didn't survive missing me for so long. You're safe now, PN. You're safe now.

Michael, you need to not be such a downer. You just wait until you need my advice on something I'm an expert at. You know. That day will come when you ask something about what the best brand of frozen taquito to buy is. Who's going to be there to say negative stuff? This guy. Also if you need to know anything about ending sentences with prepositions.

Laurie, I like how you stuck the backhanded compliment in there. Second, not every woman is into the Adonis type. Well, those ladies will be out of luck in this case. This reminds me of a college conversation. "Dude, you might have a chance. She's not really into looks." And obviously she wasn't. Shazam? Shazam.

Rev, dude...you're pretty lucky they didn't have these about 28 years ago. You might have never been.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Just to be clear...

Jesus, Michael. Care to kick me in the ball too while you're here?

I wasn't trying to be a downer. None of that was supposed to be a dig at you. If anything, it was a dig at a majority of people who use those sites.

I think you're a cool guy. The skinny of what I was talking about is just that those sites will really put you through the ringer. I wasn't even advocating against checking out the sites, but most (if not all, considering your personality compared to where you're living) of what you'll find are women that you really wouldn't want.

Not every woman wants, as it was stated above, a man with 6-pack abs and a seven-figure income.

That was just an example. I'm not saying that every woman (or even the majority of women) on these sites have standards so specifically set, but that's definitely the direction in which most are (sub)consciously aiming.

Laurie, I like how you stuck the backhanded compliment in there.

My point.