Sunday, September 30, 2007

Legends of the Fall and Bret Michaels

There are only two movies ever made that crack my super manly shell and make me almost tear up. The first, and I'm not ashamed to say that I almost cry every single time, is Rudy. That's the greatest movie of all time possibly. Notre Dame makes me cry now, but in a different way. I blame a certain blog reader. Seems like the Irish weren't having a problem with winning until he got there. Hmmm.

The second movie is Legends of the Fall. I watched it a little while ago. It's a great movie. The part that always gets me is when Aiden Quinn shoots the sheriff (but not the deputy) at the end to save Tristan (Brad Pitt) and his dad (Anthony Hopkins.) Then Anthony Hopkins, who had a stroke and had previously been mad at him, limps up to him and gives him a hug. Gets me every time. Another great part of that movie is at the end when Brad Pitt dies. That's how I want to go out. It's pretty much the manliest way possible. He dies stabbing a bear. When I say that I want to die stabbing a bear, I mean actually stabbing a bear and not that euphemism I use for when I have sex with Kenny's mom.

The last episode of Rock of Love with Bret Michaels was on tonight. He chose the adorable Jess instead of Heather, the dude with the penis. That was a pretty obvious choice, I thought. It's like choosing between a diamond and a piece of what may or may not be poop. After watching this show, I don't hate Bret Michaels as much as I did before. He does try to be a little too philosophical and says the word "soul" too much. Nobody is perfect, though. I guess that's why they say that eeeeeeeeeevery roooooooose has it's thorn. Somebody said that, anyway. I think it was Ratt. I'm happy things worked out for Bret. Seeing things work out for somebody, well...I guess you could say it gives me somethin' to believe in. I was going to carry that Poison song title joke out a little farther, but those are the only two I know. I've heard that the happy couple is registered at the Headband Outlet. I really hope things work out for those crazy kids. If nothing else, it made Bret Michaels relevant for another couple of minutes. God bless 'em. Knowing VH1, though, there's probably already a sequel and two spin-offs in the works. I'm still waiting for Rock of Love with Ann Wilson. Not to watch it, but to audition for it. Sexy.

No comments: