Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's a sad day for people who like obscure movies with not-very-good actors

I was floored earlier when I heard the news that Brad Renfro had died. A celebrity who has had a history of drug and alcohol abuse dead? At an early age? Unheard of! It really is a shame when somebody really rich dies of some type of self-inflicted thing. My heart really goes out to them.

Brad, I'll always remember you in such cinematic masterpieces as that movie where you were a camp counselor with the Mac guy and that other movie where you killed the kid from Man Without a Face. Rest in peace, Brad.


Brad Renfro: Dead at the age of who really gives a crap.

4 comments:

Lifelong Learning in MPLS said...

I am going to lose some major street cred, but I wrote Brad a fan letter when I was waaay too old to be doing so. Whew. There. I got that off my chest. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to writing a fan letter to Zac Efron.

DB said...

Don't feel bad, DCLW. I've always wanted to send him a fan letter, too. I just wish I hadn't of waited until yesterday to do it.

Chonny Sanchez said...

I too have a confession. When I was in junior high...we had to plant trees on our campus as part of our whole "earth day" experience. Being 13, we thought naming trees was the cool thing to do. Mine was named Brad Renfro. I wish I was joking.

DB said...

I talk a lot of crap about people like Brad Renfro, but I actually liked most of his movies.

On a related note, Clutter Chonny (welcome, by the way) I once had a rabbit named Nicole Kidman. We briefly dated in the late 90s, but things didn't work out. They never do with rabbits. Too high maintenance.