Friday, December 5, 2008

I think I'm in love

The other night at work, I was pulling a heavy ass pallet of fire logs when some 800-year-old lady decided it would be a good idea to just go on ahead and walk out in front of me. I tried to drop the pallet really fast, but of course the handle was broken, so I had to try to stop it myself. I'm pretty sure the pallet was well over 1,000 lbs, so needless to say I didn't do a very good job. Basically the only way to do it is to try to push it back the other way. When my left foot planted and I absorbed most of the weight, I felt/heard a popping sound in my knee. Then it swelled up to about the size of a softball. Being the super awesome manly man that I am, I went ahead and worked for another two and a half hours until I finally decided I should report it just in case I really fucked myself up.

So the next day, I went to the company's (it rhymes with schmall-schmart) doctor. They set me up with an appointment for this morning with a physician's assistant named Amanda. Since it was my knee, I had a pretty good feeling that I'd have to take my pants off at some point during the exam. I was excited.

For some reason, I expected Amanda to be the same old lady that saw me the day before to give me my drug test. She was not. She was pretty hot. Sorta looked like a brunette Kellie Pickler with an adorable beauty mark on her cheek. She had a pretty awesome southern accent. Not a dirty, Texas accent, but one that you would associate with Georgia or something. She didn't say "lack" instead of "like" like most girls from Texas do. That was a good thing.

After the initial checkup, she said, "ok, take your pants off, put this gown on and hop up on that table for me." The most romantic words I've ever heard. She left the room while I depantsed myself. I hopped up on the table, but something didn't feel right. There was a draft. I looked under my robe and noticed that the ol' triplets were kinda hanging out. No matter how I adjusted by boxers, there they were. Just hanging out. I couldn't really get off the table 'cause I figured it'd hurt like a bitch if I landed wrong on my leg. I just had to go with it.

So every time she bent down to look at my knee, I'm sure she saw snap, crackle and steve staring back at her. If I would have known that they'd be making an appearance, I would have done something different with their hair. Maybe parted it or something.

As I was leaving, she put her hand on my shoulder and said, "I'm really concerned about your blood pressure. You don't want the problems associated with this. You're too young for that." Hand on my shoulder! That's what we in the biz call "kino." Wink!

So anyway, my knee isn't that bad. It's sprained and I strained my left calf muscle. Other than that and my 190 over 110 blood pressure, I'm healthy as a horse. The good news is that I get four days off. The bad news is that I have to be a people greeter for a week until I'm cleared to go back to doing grunt work. I guess it could be worse. Well, not really.

5 comments:

Kneller said...

snap, crackle, and steve? LOL that's a good one.

you know, maybe the two of you could get together and milk your injury into a disability case? i'm just sayin'...it's an opening for a second date. :D

Invisible G. said...

Indeed DB, you should grab love when it comes. And to show her your trio and she didn't flinch??? Dude, MARRY HER.

DB said...

Pip - I have to go back and see her next Friday. I noticed she wasn't wearing a ring. Maybe that's just because she doesn't want to lose it while giving a prostate exam. I should totally ask for a prostate exam!

IG - She's probably in love. Not to brag or anything, but seeing my balls for the first time is like witnessing a perfect sunset or hearing the laughter of a child. (I probably shouldn't talk about children and my balls in the same sentence.)

The One said...

Blog has been removed

Sorry, the blog at themediumbus.blogspot.com has been removed. This address is not available for new blogs.

Thinkinfyou said...

Ah,hearing this story brought tears to my eyes. It's going to sound so lovely,when you tell it to your grandchildren one day.

P.S. Hope the knee starts feeling better soon!