Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Blogger Dilemma

Every blogger comes to the point where they must make a tough decision: To post or not to post. Most of the funny things that happen to me are the result of my own frequent and sometimes self-induced misfortune. For example, the events of yesterday, after the sting of rejection goes away, will be pretty hilarious. But do I post it? People who read this blog were involved and I don't want anybody to be mad at me or embarrassed. Then again, do I really care? Comedy is comedy. It's this dilemma that made me a shitty journalist. I don't want to hurt feelings or upset people in any way.

So what do you do in these situations? I almost scrapped this blog this morning and started an anonymous one, but I don't have the energy for that.

For no reason at all, my new favorite site: Explosm.net



7 comments:

Kneller said...

I would post it. I'm guessing things didn't go well with the hot doc? And sorry to hear it. You just have the worst luck. I still blame Texas.

As for another anon blog, really? You do realize that every time you do this, it's only a matter of time before you become non-anon. You might as well just give up the ghost.

But if you do go anon (again), send me the new link.

Kristie said...

Post it!

Triptanes said...

I'd sit this one out, but that's just me!

DB said...

Pip - You're right about the anonymous blogs. I'll probably just stay here.

Kristie - I wondered how long you could resist my charm.

Jon - You're probably right...sadly.

Invisible G. said...

I'm all for the dirt. That's what keeps people reading. DO IT.

One Hypo said...

Throw your friends under the medium bus. Do it!

Me-Me King said...

Post it - change the names - for example: John = Jon, David = Dave, Susan = Susie, etc.

Great music!