Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hi

This Thanksgiving will be the first one I won't be able to spend with my family. It's looking like Christmas will be that way too. I'm pretty bummed about it, but I guess that's what happens when you're an adult. The unhappiness did spawn a pretty emo blog post that I decided to just leave as a draft, though.

I have a question to which I can't find the answer. I know there's a word for it, but I'm not even sure how to look for it. It's the feeling of unfamiliarity you feel when you see a person/thing away from where you would normally expect to see them. For example: You see one of your teachers at the grocery store away from school and the role that you normally associate with him/her. It's been bothering me. I know there's a word for it. Help a brotha out. (Can you imagine how white I sound saying that irl?)

5 comments:

Kneller said...

Dissonance?

Invisible G. said...

I'm with Pip. He's the master of big words.

Donnie said...

Dissonance sounds right to me too, but since that one's taken...go for disassociated or detached.

Amanda Key said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope to see you soon. We miss you!

DB said...

I don't think that's the word I'm looking for.

This is one of those things I'm not sure if it actually happened or if I dreamed it. Alcohol...

Amanda, I think I'm done with Hardin for a good while. There's some family things that I want no part of.