Monday, March 10, 2008

Ugh...

"Jesus Christ, son," he said while laying on the cold, metal table in the back room of the hospital. Everything was just like I remembered it. His eyes opened. "What the hell have you been doing all this time? Are you planning on ever doing anything with yourself. You should have been something by now. I have to say I'm a little disappointed." Then he closed his eyes again.

Then I woke up. I've tried to steer clear of the emo bullshit on this blog for the most part, but this was just so vivid and disturbing that I had to at least write about it. I woke up about four hours ago, but I still can't shake it. It prompted me to finish and turn in some job applications I had sitting in my desk drawer and to go get some new ones. I guess that's some good that came out of it. It also prompted me to swing by the liquor store. I really don't want to feel like this all day.

2 comments:

Lifelong Learning in MPLS said...

These types of dreams (in my opinion) are not to be taken lightly. After my aunt died my sister, dad and I all had these eerily vivid dreams starring her. Each of us received some kind of thought-provoking message. If I remember correctly, my sister's was about her not-yet-conceived child. My aunt said something in the dream that the baby would be healthy and happy and that she would watch over it - or something along those lines. I remember my sister called me to tell me about it. She was really struck by it and emotional because the dream was so vivid and she felt such a sense of comfort from it.

Anonymous said...

ily