Monday, July 7, 2008

Fill this space

Dear bloggers, my roommate and I have a problem. We just moved into a new apartment (mostly why I haven't posted in awhile) and we basically have no decorations. I would like this apartment to look like adults actually live here as opposed to our last one. It's a pretty nice place and I think we can probably keep it that way, barring any sink fireworks, money burning or airsoft gun target practice.

Anyway, I'd like to start with this space above the fireplace. Honestly, I don't know how I lived without a fireplace before now. They're pretty much an East Texas must. I'm sure it'll come in really handy during our harsh, 65-degree winters.

Personally, I'd like to go with the Big Ben Godsend poster, but it's probably not for everybody since, despite its awesomeness, it leans a bit to the sacrilegious side. So what should we put here? Maybe a portrait? Richard, I'm going to commission you for this, assuming "commission" doesn't mean "pay."

So I need some ideas. Let's hear it.

10 comments:

damon said...

This would be a great spot for your "Farrah Faucet" poster.

...or maybe a big stuffed moose head.

Thinkinfyou said...

Ok how about this....Go out and buy two canvases and paint .You and your roommate each paint your own masterpieces and hang them up. In your writing you are highly creative,see if you're creative in other art forms. There are bunches of perks to this idea.
1. It's a cheap idea

2.You never know you might just have an amazing talent for painting and be able to sell your paintings one day.

3.If your painting sucks and people look at it with a look of disgust ...you could pass it off as you bought it from The Society For Retarded Citizens Charity. Just doing your part type thing.

If this idea is to much for ya....how about just hanging up those horns you had in that one picture??

Anonymous said...

taco bell, raising canes and wingstop count as currency in the nation of fat.

Triptanes said...

[ ]GOOD IDEA:

Ok how about this....Go out and buy two canvases and paint .You and your roommate each paint your own masterpieces and hang them up. In your writing you are highly creative,see if you're creative in other art forms. There are bunches of perks to this idea.
1. It's a cheap idea

2.You never know you might just have an amazing talent for painting and be able to sell your paintings one day.

3.If your painting sucks and people look at it with a look of disgust ...you could pass it off as you bought it from The Society For Retarded Citizens Charity. Just doing your part type thing.

If this idea is to much for ya....how about just hanging up those horns you had in that one picture??

[X]PORTRAIT OF DALE AND JON

DB said...

I thought about putting the horns there, but they're kinda small, so there would still be a lot of open space. Jon and I aren't really too artistic. Also, we're super lazy. We might get around to buying the canvas in the next year or so.

Thinkinfyou said...

A portrait of you two together is a good idea??LOL! Who does that?
(I think your roommate might just have a little crush on you.)

Triptanes said...

[ ]YES
[X]NO

DB said...

Who doesn't have a crush on me?

Anonymous said...

me

Lifelong Learning in MPLS said...

I would say anything on velvet is a must for any classy apartment.

Photography of any kind (ok, most kinds) is always pretty cool.

If all else fails, go with a mounted deer head or something. You must have a few lying around given your extensive gun collection, DB.