Friday, July 11, 2008

Update: Sigh

So I pounced. My approach? Stellar. My delivery? Equally stellar. Her response? Very substellar.

I finally grew some balls (five now,) and I talked to her. We made some small talk about how it sucks that she has to work by herself and doesn't have anybody to talk to. I made a lame joke and she gave the mandatory pity laugh. Then I asked her the totally not vague question of "would you like to do something sometime?" Her answer kinda puzzled me. She said, "As friends or like a date?" As friends? Really? C'mon, ladies. I'm some random guy asking if you'd like to do something. Chances are I'm not asking because we could really use a bass player for Rock Band (Although Jon and I could use a goalie for our NHL '08 franchise...)

Before I could answer she said, "'cause I have a boyfriend." I kinda figured she did because she was way too cute not to. That makes sense in my head. I made another lame joke to try to save whatever pea-sized amount of dignity I had left, but it fell well short. Oh well. At least I have awkwardness to look forward to at work today. Hooray!

I guess the ocelot turned out to be an oceNOT!!! You see what I did there? Now where'd I put my drinkin' drain-o...

3 comments:

Kneller said...

Bummer, dude.

If it's any consolation, I just saw this totally gorgeous chica today who works with a friend of mine. I asked about her situation right off, but my friend told me that she was married. Naturally, my next question was, "Like, how married is she? Really married or just kinda married?"

Turns out...really married.

Meh.

Kneller said...

Ok, my RSS blog whatever thingy says that you have a new post, but I'm not seeing it. So, I have to ask, God didn't want you to poop where?

DB said...

Ha. I did't think about it showing up on RSS feeds. It's something I'm working on for another site. I was proofing it. I typed it in blogger 'cause I don't have Word on my computer. My computer was made in the early '60s, I think. I use punchcards.