Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What if I'm the asshole?

I was thinking today that maybe I'm the asshole and the girl who may or may not have blown me off isn't. What if she really did have to go? Maybe she had to take her mom to dialysis, but thought she'd message me quickly first? These are all possibilities, I think.

That poor, poor girl. On top of the fact that she has to take care of her sick, kidneyless mother, she also has to be in the deep pit of despair that comes with me ignoring her. What kind of monster am I? A sexy one? Oh yeah. I forgot.

2 comments:

Lifelong Learning in MPLS said...

I like your reasoning. I am going to take the same approach when wondering why the guy I have been dating for the last 6 weeks has suddenly stopped calling. I mean, he must be dead, right? That can be the only valid reason I haven't heard him since Sunday. Nevermind the fact he parked his car right next to mine yesterday in our mutual ramp. I'm always impressed when ghosts can drive.

DB said...

I feel bad. I bet she cries herself to sleep at night because she knows she'll never find another quite like me. That poor girl. She'll be ok...in time.

DCLW, we need to hug.