Friday, September 19, 2008

My own worst enemy

I entered the wonderful world of Match.com again. Jeez...every time I acknowledge that, my stomach hurts a little.

I got an email from a girl who said I seem "genuine, real and there's nothing wrong with teddy bears." In my reply, I closed with, "It's good to know that there are people out there who are ok with teddy bears. Well, unless you have some sort of weird teddy bear fetish, I guess. ;-)"

Why do I do this? I basically take a gigantic dump on 95% of the first impressions I make. While funny to me and maybe a couple people like Jon and Chase, this probably isn't going to "win the heart" of any woman. Sigh...


My second match.com interaction of the day involved
a cute girl who has a kid. She talks about being a mother in her profile and how it's a pretty important part of her life. I sent her an email and opened with, "Holy crap, I'm a mom, too! What a small world. But seriously..." See, that's not even all that funny to me. I don't know why I did it. It just seemed like the thing to do.

Also, I don't know about the whole kid thing. Not that she's even acknowledged me, let alone thought about dating me. I'm not a big fan of kids. I thin
k kids should be sent off to a camp somewhere until they aren't stupid and annoying anymore. On the first sims game before you could make kids grow up, I'd just send them to the pool. After awhile, they'd be like, "What the fuck? Where'd the ladder go? I'm sleepy." Problem solved. I know. I'm a nerd...and creepy. It's who I am.

Speaking of the sims, I've been playing the Sims 2: Apartment Life a lot lately. It's a pretty awesome game, but I feel that the simple act of playing it pretty much ensures that I'll never touch a female boob again. (The first time was a fluke. Freeze tag, third grade.)

Onto an unrelated topic. Do you ever think you're good at something only to find someone doing the exact same thing as you, only like a bajillion times better? That's how I felt when Laurie turned me on (!) to Bad News Hughes. This guy is like the Jesus of hilarious blogging. After I read about three of his entries, I didn't want to write anymore. He's disgusting and hilarious all at the same time. Basically my hero. Anyway, I bought his book and just got it in the mail today. I highly recommend you all buy this. I've only read one entry so far (I had some Madden to play.) It was about a buttplug. I lol'd the entire time.

Speaking of digusting and funny, I am the proud recipient of the Kick Ass Blogger award from my good friend "Amelia" at Writing Quiets the V
oices in my Head. It's the second one she's given me. I was too lazy to post about the last one. Not that it wasn't meaningful. I'm just really lazy. Apparently she thinks that, "DB over at The Medium Bus for being the only blogger that can make me laugh and puke at the same time.He's just talented like that." Aww...isn't she sweet? If she wasn't married, I would have so awkwardly hit on her by now.

Is it just me or does this award kinda look like a penis?

I made an award for her. (Click to enlarge, ldo.)

I know what you're all saying. "Dale, you should be some sort of graphic designer!" I know, I know.


12 comments:

Thinkinfyou said...

LOL! Thanks for the lovely award Dale.You are one of a kind(thank God)

Donnie said...

She gave me one too. She's a doll. But since you got one and I got one, maybe we're both losers. That's a joke...get it?

Kneller said...

Look on the bright side, Bad New Hughes hasn't posted since February. He's out of the game, which means you can still be #1.

Invisible G. said...

I agree with Amelia, you also make me puke and laugh at the same time. BTW, I don't like puking.

Da Old Man said...

Dude, read about your blog at Don the Red Raider's blog. You're hilarious. You should join a humor site like humorbloggers.com.

Chelle Blögger said...

Yeah what da old man said! You crack me up and I happen to know the owner of humorbloggers.com almost as intimately as Don does and well, she would love to pimp your site out there. :)

DB said...

Thanks for the kind words and stuff about puke, everybody.

So does this mean I'm "invited" to humorblogs? I checked the site out and it said I have to be invited by one of the members.

Also, the offended blogger, do you still write on scrivel.com? I got invited to write there awhile back, but I'm so lazy that I still haven't finished my profile/two initial posts for that site.

Chelle Blögger said...

Yes, you are officially invited and I will make sure your application is approved since I own the site haha.

Nope, don't have time to write for scrivel anymore. It was too much work, like writing another blog.

I'd much rather plot world domination with my fellow humor bloggers over at humorbloggers.com now anyway! ;)

Anonymous said...

DB, rule no. 1; chicks like the funny. It's *almost* as good as being hugely hung (not to be disgusting and graphic or anything...), so don't worry about your humor sabotaging you. Better to find someone who "gets" you anyway, rather than concealing your true self and then horrifying some unsuspecting woman later on ya know? I get what you mean about the discouraging thing. I just started my beauty blog, and I keep running into blogs where the author's makeup is flawless and the tips and scoops are unbeatable. It makes me wanna retch and put destructive codes on their sites. But what can ya do? Keep up your own lame-ass babbling I say; I know that's what I'm doing!

And if you want to know how to conceal those dark circles under your eyes, I'm your woman. Well, there's beauty bloggers who could probably teach you better, but screw them y'know?

This Brazen Teacher said...

You have no idea how much I can relate to the aforementioned: "taking a dump on 1st impressions."

My feeling:

If they don't like the quirkiness, it won't work anyhow. Buck it up and be a man!

Kidding.

See- now I'm censoring myself too. Who am I to talk... shit.

DB said...

GBC - So should I scrap the whole "funny" angle and just show them my dong? My enzyte free samples should be here any day now.

this brazen teacher - I'm kinda starting to get that if they don't "get" me, then it's not going to work.

But enough of that. So...what are you doing this weekend?

portuguesa nova said...

Okay it's weird to leave a comment on a really old post, but I just discovered that Bad News Hughes is back at a new location.

http://badnewshughes.blogspot.com/

Holy crap that guy is hilarious.